Dangling the Carrot

Don’t you just hate when someone builds up an event and keeps talking about it as if it is coming any minute and then lets say, oh three months goes by and nothing. Yeah me too.

GUILTY!!!

We talked about our new blog coming out at the first of the year and with all good intentions that was the plan. But because plans involve people who have real lives, families, and other commitments that pay their bills, things have been pushed back a bit. We have been blessed to have friends and family in high places who have generously traded services with us in exchange for a kick butt blog/portfolio/resource website and intro video. The official launch date for everything is the end of April and believe me…you don’t want to miss the final product. Like Michael Jackson, you won’t even recognize our new site!!!

We are going to have some awesome giveaways to celebrate the launch so if you like things like ITune or Starbucks gift cards…you may just want to keep nosing around our site. Nothing like bribing people to be faithful readers and COMMENTERS!!! (you know we love LOVE!)

I thought it would be fun to give you a little lookyloo at the homepage mock up. Just a peek though, we don’t want to ruin all the surprises. My cousin Steve “Teevio” Hallgren who is the Designer/Developer for a well known social networking site for all things artistic, VIRB.com is gracing us with his uber talent to give us one amazing site. A portfolio, blog and resource guide all in one. SAHWEET!

Here she is with our new favorite color PURPLE!!!!

homepage

We also wanted to let you see the other project that we have been piecing together over the last few months. Brad Bennett of Shaking Hands Productions gave us a super fun intro video that will be added to our about page. Check out more of Brad’s work on his site or better yet…BOOK HIM for your wedding. He will travel anywhere!

For those of you who don’t know us, here is your chance to see us in our windy glory!!!!

We are breathing down the neck of shooting season and watching the calendar start to fill up as the weather warms up…thank you spring! For now you are stuck seeing some pictures of our kids because

A-They are the cutest things we could create…literally
B-I never print pictures so thousands sit on our hard drive never being debuted anywhere
C-It’s our site and there is nothing you can do to stop us from exploiting our kids

These are just normal moments around the house but something unique to each expression.

My buddy, Bennett. “Mr. Smiley”

My beautiful kids

Movie and popcorn on a cold afternoon

My beautiful kids

My beautiful kids

My beautiful kids

My beautiful Chloe Grace

Rachel says:

March 13, 2009 at 12:33 pm

I think…Next to my kids…Yours are freaking adorable! I love that we share Old navy love!! I so can’t wait to see the new site in action! God bless bloglines!

Joseph says:

March 13, 2009 at 12:39 pm

I’m loving the new site design. How can you not love pictures of those cute kids too?

March 13, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Yes, I hate it when people dangle that carrot. And yes, you are guilty. ;) Good thing I already had a sneak peak! Can’t wait to see everything all together!

chrissy says:

March 13, 2009 at 1:30 pm

AHHHHHHH!!! i love the new site. i love the colors. i love all the tabs and the video….i just can’t. it made me miss you guys so much! you’re awesome and anyone who has the chance to work with you on this professional level is so lucky! jay and i can’t wait for june 6th so we can sass it up in front of that camera!

and you ARE sexy! :)

Seth Nickerson says:

March 13, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I already told Ryan this, but that mockup is absolutely beautiful. You guys are obviously in good hands. I seriously can tell I’m going to love the site. Although I’m a little upset that the color palette is really similar to what I’m working with on our new site (don’t hold your breath, it’ll probably be a while).

Dustin says:

March 13, 2009 at 2:06 pm

So AWESOOOOME!

christin says:

March 13, 2009 at 6:17 pm

ok, I absolutely adore the video, it is SO you guys, so friendly, so vivacious & fresh…but really it makes me MISS you guys! awwww. Because you are both fabulous, and lovely, and what’s the word I’m looking for here, it’s RIGHT on the tip of my tongue…if I think of it, I’ll come back. I mean it’s like RIGHT THERE, how would I describe you, if I had only one word, what would it be…sounds like “rexy” but that’s not it…GOSH what is it.

Dikola says:

March 13, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Love, Love, Love the new sight! Love!

March 14, 2009 at 4:47 am

WOW!!!

THIS new site is going to kick some you know what! It looks so fun and hip and cool!

Seth came home and was like, “you got to check out Kellan’s new site”. You know if you impress Sethers then you have really done something great!

And l love the pictures of your babies!!! Bennett is so big now!

Heather H says:

March 14, 2009 at 7:47 am

I triple heart double stamp no erases LOVE the video!!

Meridyth says:

March 14, 2009 at 8:44 am

Ok… dial up internet isn’t the best for viewing videos…BUT…after 3 hours of downloading we were able to catch the first 2 minutes!! What we saw…we love! Fresh, new, classy and happy. We’ll have to sit and watch the rest when we see you next week.

Those kids are gorgeous! Can’t wait to love me some Cwowee and Mendit!!

Natalie says:

March 14, 2009 at 11:24 am

Love the video!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see all the awesome things you have in store for Kellan.

Hillary says:

March 14, 2009 at 11:43 pm

So after watching that video I am even MORE excited about getting our pictures done! You guys are so amazing!!! :0)

allison says:

March 20, 2009 at 7:39 pm

no really….COOLEST site ever! i am LOVING it!!! you should be so proud of all that you’ve accomplished together, in this biz and BEYOND!!! (though i will weep for the fact that i wont be getting my daily doses of kelly/chloe/bennett exploitation!!!)

Kristin says:

March 29, 2009 at 6:48 am

Kelly! I must confess to you that I didn’t make the time to click over to your site and really dive in until just recently. I could give you all my excuses (VGLA / IEP / APRIL! ringing any bells?) but … I’m here now and I have to say it’s fabulous. Tim and I are thrilled to be working with ya’ll in July and are getting more and more excited each time we drive out to SBC (yes, I drag him out there every few weeks or so) and venture around. Thanks for everything - I’ve ‘favorite-ized’ your site, and will attempt to click more regularly now; you guys keep me entertained! :-)