Princess and the Pea

We have always known Chloe was a girl that would march to the beat of her own drum. She spends much of her day in a dream-like state giggling, chatting with herself, twirling, singing, or just staring off thinking deeply about something. She is smart, funny, and unpredictable.

I don’t know what possesses kids to do the things they do. For instance. Ryan saw that Chloe was rolling a pea around her face, in particular, near her nose. He warned her, “Chloe do not put that pea up your nose!” It wasn’t long before she said to me, “Mommy I put a pea up my nose.” I shot a look at Ryan hoping he would not verify this declaration. He shook his head no and we thought she was just being funny. She already knows how to pull our leg at 2.5 years old. Chip off the old block.

Fast forward one hour and we are playing outside. Ryan and Chloe are messing around on the porch stairs and Chloe throws her head back in laughter exposing a very round, very green pea lodged tightly in her right nostril.

“Kelly, KELLY….Chloe DID shove a pea up her nose you need to get the tweezers.”

Cue nervous sweat. I mean, what if I pushed that bad boy further up her nose…she would have to have surgery to remove it! Chloe has the strength and agility of a bobcat when she doesn’t want us messing with her…is she really going to lay back and let me stick tweezers up her nose? UGH!!!!!

The Lord heard my cry for help. It’s like a very calm spirit descended over this precocious little toddler. She laid right across my lap and after four attempts to grab my green nemesis…..SUCCESS.

For your viewing pleasure….my prize!

Pea found in Chloes nose 4.3.09_0322

Allegra says:

April 4, 2009 at 7:59 pm

and what a LOVELY pea it is too!

Amanda Brown says:

April 4, 2009 at 8:40 pm

I was hoping to see a nice, moist boggie on top. DISAPPOINTMENT!

Elizabeth says:

April 4, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Ummmm… awesome. Well done, Mama.

April 5, 2009 at 4:13 am

haha!
Just saw this on flickr.

This is my favorite line, “Chloe has the strength and agility of a bobcat”….haha

Yes, the kids things do. Abel has been obsessed with picking his nose for months now. However, after hs first attempt of tasting the booger, he reached in his mouth, grabbed the huge booger and bought it over to me and said, “nasty, here you go Mommy.” :)

Holli says:

April 5, 2009 at 6:11 am

What was the techhnique you used? Did you try and go up and over the pea and pressure it down or grab it from the bottom? Either way, good work, Momma. Everyone looks so good! I can’t believe how long Chloe’s hair is…she’s grown up so much. AND had no idea Joe was getting married! What a fashion forward and aesthetically pleasing wedding- loved loved loved the guys assembles. Miss you guys..much love from the Torries

Lauren Martin Gauthier says:

April 5, 2009 at 8:50 am

*snort* this makes me remember fondly the time that naomi ashcroft decided she wanted a diamond stud nose piercing like her sunday school teacher, so she stuck a “diamond” (bead) up her nose. LOL!

jo says:

April 5, 2009 at 8:41 pm

There is one very important characteristic about Chloe you are leaving out. Honesty.

chrissy says:

April 6, 2009 at 8:01 am

i have nothing to say cuz amanda brown said it for me. HAHAHAHA!