Adam and Lauren ~PART 1 ~ Anniversary/Engagement at the Airfield

I got the itch last month.

The one where if you don’t shoot something completely creative you are going to burst. The winter shooting lull was taking it’s toll on me. I have been dying to set up an editorial-themed shoot where we could really spread our wings and do our thing.

I knew the perfect couple to call. I also knew they were about to celebrate two years of marriage in May…could this be the supreme pairing of desire and execution???

Adam Barnes is the amazing talent behind Adam Barnes Photography. He ALSO happens to be a dear friend of ours. He ALSO happens to have a phenomenally GORGEOUS wife who ALSO happens to be a make-up artist. They ALSO happen to be some of the nicest people God ever created.

I pitched the idea to Adam a few weeks ago about doing a vintage style shoot in one of the historic districts and using a private airstrip here in Lynchburg. I wanted them to go ALL OUT on style. I sent links, wrote descriptions for clothing, hair, makeup….well they took the baton and they ran with it! When they showed up I was giddy….the vision was coming alive!

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot 4.4.09

Here is the most heart warming part. It’s obvious that we got blessed with some tremendous images for our portfolio but you need to know how important this was to them. I mean I could have called other people but I do believe the Lord wanted us to bless the Barnes with the gift of photography. A photographer needing photography…sounds ironic, I know.

When Adam and Lauren got engaged in late 2006, they had a wedding date set for fall of 2007. Circumstances took a devastating turn in April 2007 when Lauren’s mom was only given a few weeks to live. Lauren desperately wanted her mom to see her walk down the aisle so within a matter of a few weeks, May 4th became their new wedding date. Lauren’s prayers were answered. Her mom hung on through the wedding and went home to be with the Lord a few weeks later.

Adam and Lauren never had a chance to have engagement pictures. Lauren is a theater diva….she loves dramatic photos that tell a story and it was one of her desires that Adam and she have a photo shoot that was dripping with drama!

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot 4.4.09

So although these are an anniversary gift to Adam and Lauren, they also double as the engagement photos they never had a chance to receive.

Adam and Lauren, we enjoyed every second with you yesterday. You exceeded our expectations in every way possible. We are so proud of these images and we hope that you look back at these photos and your hearts light up at the beauty, romance, and blessing you are when you are together.

Happy 2nd Anniversary (a little early)!

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot 4.4.09

Over to the hangar at Virginia Aviation.

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot 4.4.09

****disclaimer**** any shots involving a cigarette were used as a prop. Those of you that know them you don’t have to have a heart attack.

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot

Perfection!

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot 4.4.09

I promise we had fun, it wasn’t all moody and serious.

Trying a million attempts at a dip that didn’t look strained.

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot 4.4.09

Sorry Adam, just had to post this one.

Adam and Lauren~ Anytime Shoot 4.4.09

This is Part One….later this week I will post some outdoor airstrip shots and some lounging in a field “hot and steamy” ones!

.joe says:

April 6, 2009 at 11:53 am

WOW!

where do i get a suit like that?

these are DOPE!

Amanda Brown says:

April 6, 2009 at 11:56 am

These are phenomenal! Love the creative vision!
When you and Ryan and Dustin and Christy all move here to Summerland and live in our crusty old basement, you can earn your keep by taking photos like this of ME! Just keepin’ the dream alive.

April 6, 2009 at 12:01 pm

I saw these on flickr and was in LOVE with the plane station. When you said you were going to do a shoot there, I had all these visions running through my mine.

I love ALL THESE!!! I love how they look old fashion, but yet so fresh. I was wondering how her makeup looked so good…but that explains it!

I am so glad you were able to bless them with this gift. What a wonderful blessing! That story makes me so sad, but I am so glad her mother was able to see her on her wedding day.

I too am excited to get outside. We’ve got an e-session and a newborn girl this week. Finally, some outside photos!

amy says:

April 6, 2009 at 12:06 pm

are you kidding me?!?! the “almost kiss” pic is one of the hottest things i’ve ever seen!

kuddos to kellan! i love and miss you guys already!!

love-amy

christin says:

April 6, 2009 at 12:14 pm

I am absolutely speechless. Beyond speechless.

I love Adam. I’ve known him since frosh year at LU and he is just a doll. I haven’t met his wife but she looks just breathtaking! What a perfect pair.

What you guys did with these photos - I mean it’s like movie-magic. It’s just unbelievable.

stephanie says:

April 6, 2009 at 12:18 pm

love them. so much fun!

Lyndzee of EP says:

April 6, 2009 at 12:24 pm

You suckers,,, I totally have a vintage shoot in my mind for our old airbase by our house. You beat me to it!! Awesome shots and I love HER!! Everything from her head to her toes is just beautiful!! Way to Rock it you guys!!

Amy Leach says:

April 6, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Goodness! These are AMAZING. Love, love, love it.

Holli says:

April 6, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Feeling pretty old now. I changed that girl’s diapers! My breath caught in my throat to see how much she looks like her Mom.Her parents came to our wedding..not sure if Lauren was there or not. These are truly beautiful, Kel. you and Ryan are so obviously gifted with an amazing talent for seeing something with potential and cultivating and crafting the best out of it.

April 6, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Now I can leave a real comment instead of trying to Tweet on my iphone. :) These are great! Love it all!!!

Crystal Jones says:

April 6, 2009 at 3:11 pm

These are fabulous! And I hear ya about trying to get a “natural” dip—when we did our wedding photos, it took us forever and a day to get the right dip. It was worth it though—now it’s framed in our living room and looks great!

christy says:

April 6, 2009 at 5:52 pm

mmmmm hmmmmm!

Brad Bennett says:

April 6, 2009 at 7:37 pm

holy awesomeness!!! great pix guys!

Allegra says:

April 6, 2009 at 7:53 pm

LOVE THEM! What a great idea and what fun you must have had!

Loren says:

April 7, 2009 at 5:44 am

Speechless.

Clifton Griffin says:

April 7, 2009 at 5:59 am

It’s photos like these that inspire me to go out and try new things.

Fantastic job with the vintage look. My favorites are the black and white/cigarette ones. The poses, coloring, grain…everything…completely sell it.

Great job.
 Clif

Clifton Griffin says:

April 7, 2009 at 6:01 am

P.S. It probably doesn’t hurt that I was listening to oldies whilst viewing…didn’t even think about that. :)

Lauren Martin Gauthier says:

April 7, 2009 at 6:11 am

looooooove these! and as one of those people who knows adam (although i haven’t met his wife), the cigarette shots cracked me up ;) lovely work (as always!), you guys!

Heather H says:

April 7, 2009 at 6:15 am

snap!

Sabrena says:

April 7, 2009 at 7:04 am

Wow guys! I can’t imagine how much fun this must have been! What an incredible gift. I was thankful to have a small part (putting ribbons in programs) of Adam and Lauren’s wedding and am so glad to see people are still celebrating with them! Well done.

Lyndsey P. says:

April 7, 2009 at 7:16 am

STUNNING!!! these pics have such a soft and romantic feel to them. adam & lauren just look so great together. great job kelly & ryan! :)

sarah says:

April 7, 2009 at 3:18 pm

wow these are fantastic…. they look freaking hot!

allison says:

April 7, 2009 at 6:06 pm

helllllo! i need that girl to come do my eyelashes ASAP! she looks spectacular! and so do these pics! just another day, being kellan-cool. expected nothing less :) STELLAR PHOTOS!

Jenn says:

April 8, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I second allison! Is there anyway to get Lauren’s contact information for upcoming wedding makeup and gorgeous eyelashes?!
Love the Photos!

Amanda says:

April 8, 2009 at 2:16 pm

WOW, these look most fabulous! Nice work!

Candace says:

April 9, 2009 at 6:14 pm

You SHOULD be proud of these. I think these are your best yet - the couple, the look, the processing, everything is WOW WOW WOW! You have certainly raised the bar for yourself and for Kellan. Love them all!

Rachel says:

April 10, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Oh I LOVE IT! Love it all! The colors are amazing and the feel of the pictures is just perfect!!!

Jen @ Green Wedding Shoes says:

April 14, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I found these from the Bride’s Cafe. Just wanted to comment on here also - love this session. Great work with the style, props, and the stunning photos. Beautiful!!

Johanna says:

April 15, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Oh, the magical Barnes. From the moment I met them, they’ve embodied old-school class and a little bit of rock-and-roll to me. You guys captured them perfectly! Amazing photos. I guess they owe YOU a shoot now. :) Great work.

Engagement Rings says:

April 30, 2009 at 12:07 pm

My fiance loves her ring.

Clayton Austin says:

October 4, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Whoa! KILLER session!

Freelance Makeup Artist in Bangalore says:

March 17, 2012 at 12:02 am

Amazing gowns and incredible images, well done