Our baby girl turns THREE!!!

How is it possible in just three years this little girl has stolen our hearts, brought us unexplainable joy and countless bouts of laughter?

Our roley poley butter ball baby with giant chocolate eyes and amazing hair. She is smart, articulate, and sassy. She is mostly sweet with a dash of spice sprinkled on top.

I can not say it enough, I love having a little girl! One whose favorite color is purple, who loves princess dresses and her nails to be hot pink. As feminine as she can be she is most definitely a tomboy. She is, by far, always dirtier and more disheveled than Bennett. Her heart is completely broken when she has to come inside and although she runs like Quasimodo there is still such a daintiness to her hand motions and mannerisms.

_MG_0857.jpg

Cue jokes: “She’s got more chins than a Chinese phone book.” “Got more rolls than a bakery.” We’ve heard them all. I loved every single one of those delicious rolls and was very sad as they have slowly disappeared over the years.

_MG_0014.jpg

At the playground

I could not love her more

Chloe Easter 2008

Getting ready for church

Chloe 20 months

She loved the sand

Chloe modeling her new raincoat

Visit to the airfield

Our little Mrs. T

Our little Mrs. T

Fun with stickers...life around our house.

Our little girl, Chloe Grace 33 months

I don’t know when it happened but we went from limited communication to having incredible adult conversations. Her brain is magical. She is clever, artistic, creative and imaginative. I love how she sees the world and I can’t wait to see how she blossoms over the next few years.

It is truly hard to believe that we just celebrated her 3rd birthday. It was a small little gathering of her girlfriends and their mommies. The theme was “Tiara’s and Tutu’s” and of course there was copious amounts of purple thrown in for Chloe. Enjoy some moments from her princess party!

We must start out with the “crowning” detail…the cupcakes! My good friend and super talent, Beth Baxter of Taste Selects struck again! She took our theme and delivered the most mouth-watering, beautiful cupcakes! Her new site is coming soon. If you are in the Burg, you must go downtown to her new shop and grab a cupcake and coffee, you will thank me!

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

My second favorite detail and labor of love were the tutu’s for the girls. Many hours of my life sitting cutting and tying tulle…but oh how lovely they were. My very talented mother-in-law made these amazing embroidered medallions for each girl. Should she not open an etsy shop? They are stellar, just made the tutu’s so special!

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

The craft table where tiara-making happened.

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

Chloe getting a peek at her room for the first time.

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

Let the good times roll. As Ryan said, “It’s her party and she’ll wear antlers if she wants to.”

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

I told her to lick off her candle but she actually ate the end of it. How she swallowed that hard, tasteless wax is beyond me.

Making crowns.

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

Chloe got to discover the joy of Hungry Hungry Hippos. Classic.

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

Bennett, party of one, Bennett, party of one..your table is ready.

Chloe's 3rd Birthday Party

After all her partying she took a moment to reflect on her long three years on this planet.

margaret deal says:

November 24, 2009 at 8:01 pm

loved the party

.joe says:

November 24, 2009 at 8:22 pm

i love that girl. even if she bites off the end of her candle. joanna and i laughed so hard we couldn’t read any more.

Nina says:

November 24, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Forget the baby rolls…are you feeding her hair-growing-potion or something?! Ella is almost her same age and still has just shoulder length wisps

Adorable birthday party…as expected!

Dan says:

November 24, 2009 at 9:58 pm

ANTLERS!!!!

Meridyth says:

November 24, 2009 at 10:01 pm

I sure do love me some Chloe Grace. She certainly does put us all to shame with that gorgeous head of hair…thick, dark, perfectly done when she wakes up in the morning as if she spent the night in rollers.

“…although she runs like Quasimodo there is still such a daintiness to her hand motions and mannerisms.” So true! I laughed so hard! What a sweet and perfect party…so simple and easy for 6 little girls. It’s hard to believe our babies are growing up so fast!

christin says:

November 24, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Goodness this is a fantastic child!!! What an amazing looking party. and Kel p.s. you are lookin’ SMOKIN’ hot and a skinny minny. who do you think you are?

Love you guys…way to make some cute babies.

candace says:

November 25, 2009 at 6:19 am

just when i thought i could be a-okay with just having boys, you go and post this and now my ovaries are griping at tim to GIVE ME A GIRL! the party looked so cute & fun! i can’t believe she is 3. so grown up & yet still just a little girl figuring it all out. what a blessing she is to you and Ryan, and also to those lucky enough to be apart of her life. happy birthday chloe!!

November 25, 2009 at 6:45 am

I love this post! So sweet! I have loved watching her grow!

I saw these photos on Flickr and couldn’t believe how talented you are at decorating!!! I’m going to have to pay you to come over and plan my kid’s parties.

I just had my sister in law make a tutu for my photo session since clearly I am not that talented.

I love the camera light in the background. True photographer parents. :)

Melany says:

November 25, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Can’t believe she is three. Happy belated birthday to her

Dustin Heigh says:

November 26, 2009 at 9:58 am

You guys, I laughed my arms off!! Oh how our bizarre antlered children would joyously frolic with each other. Curses on distance. We continue to fall more in love with your amazing family.

Missing you…

Heather H says:

November 28, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Thanks for posting these pics!! Happy [very belated] birthday to Chloe.

And I’m totally stealing this idea in a few years (minus anything that includes me sewing, of course).

Love you!

Emilie says:

November 30, 2009 at 11:51 am

The pics of her in pajamas with so many jewels made me giggle. She is adorable!!

Aubin says:

December 2, 2009 at 4:40 pm

Somehow I missed this post! Chloe is beautiful, I would love for she & Shiloh to meet someday :) Happy (late) birthday Chloe!

Kelly Veronica says:

December 14, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Your pictures make me so happy….all the time. I love these. WHAT a pretty girl!

Tina says:

January 5, 2010 at 7:10 pm

She is precious!

Our big girl! Chloe turns 4! « Kellan Studios says:

December 10, 2010 at 12:02 pm

[…] long legged beauty with dimples, unending imaginary play and deep thoughts has emerged. I wrote a sentimental post last year with lots of pictures of her growing up for anyone wanting to see her transformation from rolly […]