Kristie~Expecting

Don’t adjust your screen. I know we are a wedding/couple kinda photographers but every once in awhile we make exceptions. We learned fairly quickly that family/children sessions weren’t where we hit our stride. So rather than be a square peg in a round hole we stopped offering them over a year ago. For some of our dearest friends we want to be a blessing and give a session as a gift. Kristie is one such friend I could never, ever do enough for.

She is one of my closest friends in the world. We have been through high highs and low lows together. She was my final female roommate. We stood up in each other’s weddings with tears of joy. We also shared a terrible heartache when we miscarried our 3rd and her 1st baby within days of each other. We have cried over broken hearts, the loss of a child, and stupid mistakes. On the flip side, nobody makes Ryan and I laugh harder than Kristie. We fondly call her Kricket. I think I can attribute about 30% of my crows feet to my times with Kristie. She is a sister that sharpens me, that plunges to the depths with me and waves the victory flag when the Lord blesses our socks off.

After a year of unimaginable loss for Kristie and Dean….the Lord saw fit to bless them with a son. Oh man was there shrieking when she told me she was pregnant again. So insanely excited to meet this little miracle in just a few weeks.

Kristie and I made plans yesterday to hang out while the kids napped. I also threw out that I wanted to take pictures of her “fat with child”. She agreed and although we were tethered to our house we made do with our porch swing and back yard. Enjoy some of my favorites of our wonderful Kricket.

Meet Levi

Erin says:

March 15, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Beautiful pictures, beautiful girl!

Candace says:

March 16, 2010 at 4:59 am

pretty girl!! & boy does she know how to work that camera! didn’t realize kris could rock some serious bedroom eyes ;) so beautiful kristie (and kel) - we can’t wait to meet levi!!

March 16, 2010 at 6:02 am

I’m HIGHLY impressed these were done in your backyard! Super cute yard, Kel!

I love her outfits!

I thought she looked familiar. Didn’t you do her wedding?

We LOVE the name Levi! I’m so happy that God has blessed them with this new life! I sure know the deep pains of miscarriages so I rejoice with you Kristie!

Amanda says:

March 16, 2010 at 6:03 am

She is just beautiful and radiant - I totally agree with Candace that she can really work the camera. I love those belts, totally not trying to hide and loving showing off Levi.

Congrats to Kristie, and to you guys on another amazing session!

Sarah says:

March 16, 2010 at 10:54 am

How how BRAVE you are to have a photo shoot while preggo- of course Kristie can rock a pregnant bod like no other. These pics are really great- good job Kelly. You are beautiful Kristie!

Mama Lee says:

March 16, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Kristie, you’re one gorgeous mama! Calm, Happy, Radiant.
I know what you’ve been through which makes this baby extra precious. Blessings on you and Dean as you start this phase of your life together.
Will baby Levi be taking his first ride in a green Honda Accord?
Hugs,
Mama Hemeon

Ellen says:

March 16, 2010 at 12:14 pm

absolutely beautiful!

Michelle says:

April 19, 2010 at 11:42 am

I’m HIGHLY impressed these were done in your backyard! Super cute yard, Kel!

I love her outfits!

I thought she looked familiar. Didn’t you do her wedding?